dr. Robert n. kum
● ChiroCare® Associates, PC - Executive Director.
● Doctor of Chiropractic honors degree from Cleveland
Chiropractic College in Kansas City, Missouri.
● NBCE Certificate of Attainment – Parts I, II, III, & IV,
● Bachelor of Science degree from Memorial University
of Newfoundland, Canada.
● Certified in Webster Technique.
● Kinesio Taping Method® - Level 1& 2.
● Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner® (CKTP).
● Harvard Women’s Swimming and Diving - Team
● Former Harvard Men's & Women’s Water Polo -
● Former Director of Chiropractic Services for one the
largest integrative healthcare companies in the US
and successfully expanded the chiropractic
department to three locations in the Boston area.
While we believe in taking the time to listen and understand, we also invest the time in your care. We pride ourselves in taking a very comprehensive approach to your treatment and spending approximately 20-30 minutes of one-on-one time with you during your treatments.
In conjunction with standard chiropractic manipulative therapy, we incorporate a number of different soft tissue techniques (Manual Adhesion Release®, Instrument Adhesion Release®, Graston Technique®, myofascial release, and trigger point therapy) to more effectively facilitate healing. Soft tissues that are hardened through excessive load develop fibrous adhesions (scar tissue) that not only are more pain-sensitive but are weaker and restrict joint movement. By treating the soft tissue component of the injury, the area may become less sensitive, more flexible and stronger, The result is a treatment that is safe, effective and durable.
Instead of utilizing only one particular adjusting method, we often use a variety of chiropractic techniques depending on your comfort level. Our chiropractic physicians are skilled in a number of adjusting methods, such as diversified, Activator, motion palpation, SOT and Thompson. In addition, we commonly use other forms of manual therapy such as the McKenzie Method®, Kineso® Taping, Webster Technique, manual traction, physiotherapy modalities, and rehabilitative exercises. Further, we offer lifestyle recommendations, load reduction and coping strategies to complement your treatment.